We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us build the tools, services, and applications that will enable us to be the planet’s most patient-focused pharmacy. You will work on projects ranging from greenfield initiatives to matured products with an active user base.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with engineering team to design and implement products using event driven micro-services architecture.
- Interact with Product Managers and key stake-holders on regular basis to understand and execute Product vision.
- Take charge of end-to-end feature development, right from proof-of-concept to production deployment and support
- Brainstorm and lead continuous improvement projects for product
- Providing feedback to peer developers on code quality and development standards.
- Mentoring team on strong coding and design standards.
- Setting the bar high for development practises while striking the right balance between pragmatism and perfection for code and processes.
- Effectively document API's and services using Swagger/OpenAPI, visualize flow and dependencies using diagrams, and create technical documents on engineering wikis.
- Present crisp and clear feature demos to stakeholders.
Some of our opensource projects- https://github.com/medly
We don’t expect anybody to be an expert on all of these, but you should be deeply familiar with some, and a self-starting learner who isn’t afraid to ask for help:
- At least one JVM language
- Functional Programming,
- OO Design, Clean Code, SOLID principles
- Solid grasp on HTTP, and REST
- Web based SaaS product development
- Deployment to AWS or any cloud
- Test Driven Development,
- Security Compliance like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOC2
- Git, Linux, CI/CD, Gradle, IDEA
- Security based on OAuth2 / OIDC
- SQL and NoSQL DBs like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch
- SQL Migration tools like Liquibase, Flyway
- Semantic Versioning, Feature Toggles, PR, Feature Branches
What you`ll need:
- 4+ Years of experience mainly on Backend Development using any two languages (Java, Kotlin, NodeJS, Ruby etc.)
- Minimum a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field.
You will work on the following:
- Develop service/APIs using Kotlin/Micronaut Node/Serverless
- Aurora Serverless PostgreSQL DB
- AWS, Lambda, API Gateway, Amplify, Cognito, Okta
- Github, Github Actions, SonarCloud
- Database versioning using tools like Liquibase
- Terraform to manage infra
- Cloudwatch/AWS X-Ray to monitor the infra
- Opportunity to make Open Source Contribution
Medly is an online pharmacy based out of NewYork, US. We are one of the largest pharmacies on the east coast. Our goal is to democratise healthcare experience for both patients and providers through same day, free prescriptions delivery.
We currently have around 100k active patients. We are also the first pharmacy in the US to sell natural herbal products along with regular prescriptions. At Medly we are building state of the art products using latest technology stack to serve our growing customers and have delivered around 400K+ prescriptions to our patients which saved them $12.8 million so far!!
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best of the breed Laptops and Accessories
- End-to-end Product Development (from idea to execution)
- Convenient office location and open office culture
- Opportunity to make contributions to open-source
- Nurturing and supportive environment that fosters development and growth
- Strong and diverse* team with a deep sense of community and camaraderie
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a difference in the fight to make healthcare more patient-friendly
*Medly is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military service, or any other non-merit factor.