We’re looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to help us build and automate infrastructure on AWS cloud. As a DevOps engineer, you will work on tasks ranging from provisioning infrastructure, setting up environments, deploying applications and monitoring application health.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with engineering teams to set up CI (GitHub Actions)
- Provision horizontally scalable AWS infrastructure resources using Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform
- Deploy and maintain critical applications environments on cloud-native Serverless infrastructure (AWSLambda, Elastic BeanStalk, Aurora Postgres, Kinesis, DynamoDB)
- Automate Deployments using Continuous Delivery model with tools like AWS CodePipelines
- Setup monitoring and logging for running services (CloudWatch Metrics, X-Ray and many more)
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
What you should have:
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer with hands-on production experience on Terraform and AWS etc.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field.
We don’t expect anybody to be an expert on all of these, but you should be deeply familiar with most, and a self-starting learner who isn’t afraid to ask for help:
- Excellent command on Linux / MacOS
- In depth understanding of HTTP/REST, Reverse Proxy, OAuth, API Gateways
- Expertise in Bash Scripting (must-have) and one of Node, Python or Ruby
- Mastery on AWS resources like IAM, VPC, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch
- Provisioning Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform
- Monitoring & Log Aggregation (ELK/EFK, DataDog etc.)
- Ability to handle large volumes of data and metrics
- OS hardening
- Data Encryption in transit and at rest - SSH, HTTPS, OpenSSL, PGP, KeyBase .
Medly is an online pharmacy based out of NewYork, US. We are one of the largest pharmacies on the east coast. Our goal is to democratise healthcare experience for both patients and providers through same day, free prescriptions delivery.
We currently have around 100k active patients. We are also the first pharmacy in the US to sell natural herbal products along with regular prescriptions. At Medly we are building state of the art products using latest technology stack to serve our growing customers and have delivered around 400K+ prescriptions to our patients which saved them $12.8 million so far!!
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best of the breed Laptops and Accessories
- End-to-end Product Development (from idea to execution)
- Convenient office location and open office culture
- Opportunity to make contributions to open-source
- Nurturing and supportive environment that fosters development and growth
- Strong and diverse* team with a deep sense of community and camaraderie
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a difference in the fight to make healthcare more patient-friendly
*Medly is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military service, or any other non-merit factor.