We’re looking for a Front-end Engineer to help us design and build the web applications, marketing websites, interfaces, and experiences that will enable us to be the world’s most patient-focused digital pharmacy. As part of the Product Development team, you will sculpt the interfaces that our patients and partners interact with, from our website to our mobile apps.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and curate the web and app-based interfaces that thousands of Medly customers interact with on a daily basis
- Managing end to end design and development from the frontend perspective.
- Train and mentor other frontend developers.
- Extract the common code which can be used across different products.
- Engaging with stakeholders and conducting product demos on the nuts of bolts of frontend.
- Explore new technologies in the market and implementing them through POCs (proof of concepts).
- Contributing in building the UI community at Medly through workshops, technical talks etc.
- Assist in the design and development of the internal tools and B2B and B2C applications that we utilize to help deliver services to our patients and partners
- Ensure that Medly’s software experience, both internally and externally, is as efficient, effective, and innovative as the services we provide.
Some of our opensource projects- https://github.com/medly
We don’t expect anybody to be an expert on all of these, but you should be deeply familiar with some, and a self-starting learner who isn’t afraid to ask for help:
- You've been building web applications professionally for 4+ years.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field.
- React / Redux
- Functional Programming, Immutability
- HTML5, CSS4, Semantic Markup
- Clean and Testable Code,
- Node, NPM/Yarn, Webpack
- Test Driven Development,
- Solid grasp on HTTP and REST
- Web based SaaS product development
- Experience with graphic design applications like Sketch, Figma or Illustrator
- Security Compliance like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOC2
- Git, Linux, CI/CD, Yarn, VSCode
- Security based on OAuth2 / OIDC / JWT
- Semantic Versioning, Feature Toggles, PR, Feature Branches
What we use
- Functional programming with TypeScript
- CSS in JS: Style-components
- HTML5, CSS, SASS, Yarn, NodeJS
- React, React hooks, Redux, Styled Components.
- Webpack, Rollup
- Jest, react-testing-library
Medly is an online pharmacy based out of NewYork, US. We are one of the largest pharmacies on the east coast. Our goal is to democratise healthcare experience for both patients and providers through same day, free prescriptions delivery.
We currently have around 100k active patients. We are also the first pharmacy in the US to sell natural herbal products along with regular prescriptions. At Medly we are building state of the art products using latest technology stack to serve our growing customers and have delivered around 400K+ prescriptions to our patients which saved them $12.8 million so far!!
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best of the breed Laptops and Accessories
- End-to-end Product Development (from idea to execution)
- Convenient office location and open office culture
- Opportunity to make contributions to open-source
- Nurturing and supportive environment that fosters development and growth
- Strong and diverse* team with a deep sense of community and camaraderie
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a difference in the fight to make healthcare more patient-friendly
*Medly is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military service, or any other non-merit factor.