We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our high- growth technology team. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving the development and delivery of software products for improved healthcare experience for patients and healthcare providers. As a hands- on leader, you will set up the development processes, practices for the teams and be an advisor on architecture and code related engineering aspects.
What you’ll do:
- Own the development practices and standards for the team.
- Spearhead the architecture decision-making process around scalability, performance and security of the software.
- Hands-on leader with solid experience as a polyglot programmer in implementing the best coding and architecture design practices.
- Advisory to the team looking into the technical roadblocks and providing solutions.
- Coach and mentor team on various aspects of software development and delivery.
- Planning career development roadmaps for the team through workshops, training and tech talks.
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, developers, QA and DevOps.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to drive sourcing, screening, interviewing and recruitment of the right talent for your team
- Continuously improve the productivity of your team by identifying investments in technology, process and continuous delivery
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of total experience software engineering with at-least 3 years of experience in the capacity of an Engineering Manager/ Technical Manager/ Engineering Lead.
- Hands-on experience as a Polyglot programmer and experience with at least one of strongly typed programming languages like - Kotlin/TypeScript/Scala.
- Proven experience in building complex and distributed systems.
- Cloud experience on AWS Serverless Ecosystem
- Strong understanding of SaaS CI/CD tools like Travis CI, Github Actions, AWS CodePipelines etc.
- Inquisitive, creative and analytical mindset.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
Medly is a digital pharmacy that was founded by second-generation pharmacy owners with decades of experience in the industry. By combining the personal relationship you’d expect from a corner drugstore with the efficiency of a national pharmacy, we aim to make healthcare more efficient and enjoyable.
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best of the breed Laptops and Accessories
- End-to-end Product Development (from idea to execution)
- Convenient office location and open office culture
- Opportunity to make contributions to open-source
- Nurturing and supportive environment that fosters development and growth
- Strong and diverse* team with a deep sense of community and camaraderie
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a difference in the fight to make healthcare more patient-friendly
*Medly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military service, or any other non-merit factor.