We’re Medly, a human-centered digital pharmacy that prioritizes patient well-being. Our mission is to deliver prescriptions to patients at prices they can afford - regardless of income, lifestyle, language or diagnosis. We live our mission to democratize healthcare by leveraging technology to create accessible tools for improving lives. Visit us online at www.medly.com
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer with the desire to make an impact and help us achieve our patient-centric vision.
Your overall mission:
As a Product Designer, you’ll be instrumental in leading the vision for multiple digital platforms, setting the strategic intent and creating user-centered digital experiences. This role incorporates research and opportunity identification with task analyses and journey mapping, as well as hands-on designing of user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity concept mockups. Ideal candidates are able to understand the systematic issues at hand, as well as thinking into second and third order implications. The position will also include participation in frequent workshops and scrums with our Chief Technology Officer and design teams.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with engineering to identify insights and uncover opportunities for multiple digital products
- Work with other designers to turn the strategic vision into actionable design features and flows resulting in the development of high fidelity concepts for web and mobile
- Own the research process including development of master task analyses, heuristic audits, usability/user flow maps and wires in order to maintain an environment of continuing improvement
- Utilize your understanding of visual graphic design and layout along with the principles of usability, interactivity, responsiveness, and current trends to position projects competitively
- Lead work streams alongside associate designers, and maintain constant communication with cross-functional stakeholder teams
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Unlimited room for growth and development
- The ability to make a noticeable impact and improve lives
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (product, interaction, graphic, industrial, HCI, etc).
- 4-9 years experience (3+ years in digital design, web, user experience (UX/UI))
- Experience organizing research, including designing exercises, leading research and workshop activities, and turning data and insight into design criteria
- Expert knowledge of heuristics, interaction best practices, standards
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Figma, and Adobe CC and other tools to produce fast, high-fidelity wireframes, prototypes and mockups
- Experience working with Zepelin, Axure, Webflow, and After Effects a plus
- Experience collaborating directly with Development and Engineering teams and defending/rationalizing design decisions across other disciplines
- Proactive and organized communication and project management skills
- Previous experience working in fast-paced tech startups preferred
Medly is a digital pharmacy that was founded by second-generation pharmacy owners with decades of experience in the industry. By combining the personal relationship you’d expect from a corner drugstore with the efficiency of a national pharmacy, we aim to make healthcare more efficient and enjoyable.
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best of the breed Laptops and Accessories
- End-to-end Product Development (from idea to execution)
- Convenient office location and open office culture
- Opportunity to make contributions to open-source
- Nurturing and supportive environment that fosters development and growth
- Strong and diverse* team with a deep sense of community and camaraderie
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a difference in the fight to make healthcare more patient-friendly
*Medly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military service, or any other non-merit factor.